Friday, July 14, 2006

i want to move to a tiny island off the Agean Coast. I want to sit by the sea, and string together coloured beads and gold and silver bits to make jewelry to sell to the rich and famous that visit. I want to eat fish and prawns in garlic and olive oil, straight out of the flat earthenware dishes in which they are cooked. I want to spend my days on a boat, sailing from one island to the next. Getting bronzed by the sun, and strengthened by the sea.

i want to not have to think of bombs or blood. Terrorists or communal hatred. Nor do i want to read the morning papers, watch the evening news, see any more sadness, fear, hate or resignation.

i want the world to shut up for a while. just shut up. and sit down.

6 comments:

± said...

i wish... if only....

Queenmatrai said...

I'm coming with you...

Buy a one way ticket

~Noojes

once again said...

can I also come !?!


plisss !

goldfluke said...

beautiful. really happy that u are writing again (all pun intended).

encore...

Queenmatrai said...

I leave tonight :)

Noojes

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »